Σάββατο 2 Ιανουαρίου 2016

Smile - Altered food can for Scrapki-Wyzwaniowo

Hello and Happy New Year!

2015 was a good year for me and my family and I am so excited for 2016! This year begins with high hopes but also with much love!

Now, to our artsy stuff! This January we have an amazing challenge over at Scrapki-Wyzwaniowo! Altered item! Oh yes! You may create an item from scratch or alter one.



My choice for this challenge was to alter a food tin. Ever since Janka presented her altered sardines can for Mixed Media Place back in July, the idea was swirling in my head. Tin cans all the rage now but I couldnt help but to make one. This is my take. I had so much fun making this project!



I covered my can with white gesso and after that I applied a generous amount of Finnabair white crackle paste. I let it dry overnight and then I painted my can with a mixture of gloss gel medium and Finnabair's Rust mica podwer. After it dried, I made another mixture of gloss gel medium and Teal mica powder but I used much more gel medium so the paint was runny. I did that because I wanted the custon paint to both stay on the surface but also I wanted it to get inside the amazing cracks.







I embellished it with Petallo Teal Flowers and 7 dots All I ever collection chipboard, some Mechanicals, 13 arts sizal bristle (my newest addiction) and to finish it off, I applied Finnabair's Butter Microbeads and Copper glass glitter.









As always there are amazing prizes for you to win. Come join us!

5 σχόλια: