Σάββατο 30 Ιανουαρίου 2016

Moodboard Inspiration - My first Dusty Attic blog post

Hello everyone and welcome to my first ever Dusty Attic blogpost! 

I love chipboard and flowers, is there any better scrappy combination? Dusty Attic has the most amazing designs and I couldnt be more thankful to Jennifer Hedger and Jen Burns for having me on the team! 
This is a dream come true for me!

Let me say that opening my DT package was a thrilling experience. All these beautiful products, the chipboard, the flowers, the acrylics and the stencils inspired me to scrap in a most romantic way. 
Here is our January moodboard 


And this is my layout

I treated the backgroung with a script DA stencil and Shimmerz Texturez. 

The word "Special" was first primed with gesso and then painted with Twinkling H2Os. I cut the corners from the elegant chain and I tucked them in my clusters. To achieve a different shade of the same color, I used the same paint but I didnt gesso the piece first. I treated the Scrolls the same way. 


I painted the Ivy corners with Finnabair Mica Powder mixed with gloss medium. I generously dabbed the leaves with paint to get extra texture. When the leaves were dry, I dilluted Dusty in Color Raisin with lots of water and I washed the leaves in oder to highlight the raised areas. It gave the leaves a kind of succulent look. 



REMEMBER  
all chipboard can be purchased direct from the Dusty Attic website, and there is free shipping when you order over $75.00 worth world wide. 

Dusty Attic Products used

Dusty in Colour Raisin
Image 1


Word Pack #33
Image 1


Ivy Corners #2
Image 1


Elegant Chain
Image 1


Scroll Set #1
Image 1



Creative Script Stencil
Image 1


Thank you so much for dropping by! 



1 σχόλιο:

  1. So beautiful Valia! I love the colors and the way you altered the chipboards, congrats on your new team!!!!!How exciting! looking forward to more of your projects....hugs, Lisa

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή