Πέμπτη 9 Ιουνίου 2016

Altered Vase - Moodboard inspiration for Dusty Attic

Hello my scrappy friends! 

Today I will show you my interpration of our June Dusty Attic moodboard.



Of course you can go beachy and romantic with our moodboard, but I chose another creative option. Our moodboard is full of bottles, so I thought I could actually alter one. It was loads of fun!


I glued my Dusty Attic chipboard pieces, Prima flowers and Finnabair art stones with gel medium, painted the entire vase and composition with gesso and then went to town coloring it with Finnabair metallic paints in emerald green and purple. At the end, I highlighted the petals and some raised parts with Dusty in Colour Fine Silver. That really gave my vase extra shine and glamour!




When my colors were completely dry, I covered certain areas with Dusty in Colour clear crackle varnish. I am a sucker for crakles. Everywhere! 




Another close up with more details







Dusty Attic products used

Image 1


Image 1





Dusty in color Fine Silver
Image 1


Dusty in Colour Clear Crackle Varnish




Enjoy creating with your Dusty Attic products and don't forget our generous prizes every month!



2 σχόλια: